Tuesday, April 26, 2016

One chapter closes.......the next one opens!

Good times in Washington DC at the Ambassador Retreat
  Sometimes you have to make tough decisions, and today is no exception. It's kind of a "good news", "sad news" situation. I was recently accepted into a Peer Support Recovery Training Certification program offered by The Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services Board. This is the Good news! Due to adding this to my plate, I will have to resign my duties as Program Coordinator & Ambassador for Runwell, The Linda Quirk Foundation. Now you know the "sad news" part of my decision.
   The last couple of years with Runwell have been nothing short of life changing! I owe Linda, along with Kim, and all of the Ambassadors, a big Thank You for having made my time with Runwell truly great! I know our paths will continue to cross in the future. I have been working on getting my business website up and running and I look forward to when I start offering services through my company, Active Recovery Consulting in the very near future. I really look forward to having a positive impact on the NorthEast Ohio community. I am excited to be starting the next chapter of my story and look forward to seeing where this journey takes me. Even though we are parting ways I am still fundraising for Runwell to benefit Recovery Resources in Cleveland by competing in The Eastern States 100 mile race
in August and continue to support their mission! I hope you will too.


 Thanks for the support these last couple of years! It has made a difference!


Me and my wife, Mary, at the Run for Recovery race in 2015
I look forward to being able to use my experience and knowledge with substance abuse and mental health issues to help those in need live a lifestyle that promotes health and wellness. There are options available if you are willing to take a more active role in your personal wellbeing. 


Ready to take the first steps toward a healthier lifestyle? It's time to get "Active"

Next chapter!

1 comment: